My summer has finally begun, and I thought I’d celebrate that by writing this post. I was tagged by ibookowl to do the Bookish Buzzword tag! If you don’t know that that means, it basically is, if you see/hear a certain word or a particular genre in a book, you’d immediately add it to your TBR list!
Hope that made sense, I will list down some of my bookish buzzwords:
Morally Grey Characters.
Let’s be real here, no one likes the perfect-does-no-wrong hero/heroine, it’s boring and unrealistic, I like characters who have conflicts, tragic back stories, characters development. Yes!
Here are some examples:
- Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo.
- A Darker Shade of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab.
I never thought I’d enjoy a reading a retelling but I made myself read one book that had a retelling and I was pleasantly surprised!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
I totally blame Cassandra Clare for this. I got sucked into that hole of never ending nephillim books, and I absolutely love it!
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
- Angelfall by Susan Ee.
I love superpowers, I love reading about them and I wish I had superpowers.
- The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Barcken.
I love the revenge plot, it so interesting and most of the time it’s a bit dark with lots of death, and yes just gimme!
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu.
I’ve only read one trilogy that had poetic writing and maybe some people find it a tiny bit dramatic but I live for it!
- Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading that, let me know what are some of your bookish buzzwords!